Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Validation!!

Now I'm not usually one who cares what people think, because someone's always got something to say and it is very rarely something nice so why bother! I digress, but very recently I got back into contact with the  woman who inspired my decision to join the Peace Corps and she told me how proud she was of me and even gave me a few pointers on what to bring and how to better adapt to my surroundings (Tip #1 bring toys for the kids lol), which I haven't thought about before but will definitely do now. You know PEACE loves the kids! She also suggested I bring some comfort snacks (those were packed before my clothes were lol).

She and her husband, another RPCV, (they met during their service---*secretly crosses fingers* but i'll post more about that later) currently live in Durban, South Africa which is only a hop, skip and a slight jump from my host country. She has already invited me to come visit them. I will most definitely be taking her up on that offer!

As I stated in the beginning of this post, I generally don't care what people think of my, but her approval means the world to me. It's always nice when you can fulfill your dream but it's even better when you can that you've got the full support of those who inspire you.


As always my loves! I Come With PEACE           *smooches*

No comments:

Post a Comment