Monday, July 18, 2011

Percepcao

                                                                "Percepcao" 16/6/2011
                         Perception
                                                    Perception
Perception
How one is perceived is Moz has become a recurring theme throughout PST so far.
Almost everyday we are reminded to respect the customs of our host country so as to avoid being negatively perceived or not accepted at all.
One would think that this is common sense, but when you are living and/or working with people who get in your business or ask probing or personal questions or try to tell you what to do, what to wear, or where to be and when and you are 22 frickin' years old! [BUT I DIGRESS]. But we want to integrate and make the most of this experience right? RIGHT!
SO, for these next few weeks (and the 24 months after that *sigh*) I will suck it up and do as I am told (within reason of course...cuz I'm grown!) so as not to be perceived negatively. I want to be able to gain the trust of respect of the people in my host country. WIth that said, I will adhere to the cultural norms and watch for social cues, but I will always be ME and -as soon as my language skills improve- I will always stand up for myself and for what I believe in.

ATE LOGO!

No comments:

Post a Comment