Friday, July 22, 2011

Site Selections!!!!

SITE PLACEMENTS!!!
This just in!!!

After six and a half gruling weeks of entensive language training and exhaustive Tech/Core sessions, I along with the rest of my fell Moz 16'ers have finally received our site selections. This means that as of today (*written on 20/07/2011) we all know where/with whom we will be living for the next two years.
Thinking back to just a few short weeks ago, it's funny to think about how truley fast time flies. It's seems like only a few weeks ago (well...literally it was like almost two months ago) we all made our first semi-awkward introductions and set off on this amazing adventure together. Here we are, less than 50 days into our training and subsequent service, already missing each other's company and/or celebrating that fact that some of us who have grown close are only a few short hours away from one another.
So without further consternation and much more adeu I finally, after many many many days, nights and weeks of guessing, know the location where the next phase of my life will be set. In my interviews with Christie ( the Assistant Courntry Director) I expressed my desire to work with in a joint placement (meaning work with two organizations)--one possibly being a Faith Based Org--and of wanting to continue my work with your girls and PLWHA (People Living With HIV/AIDS. Based on my experience, I believe I have been place in the best place for me and I cannot wait to begin my work with ICAP (an International NGO run by Columbia University) and with a local CBO called Tivikela and also, from what I hear a rather large REDES group.
I wasn't sure at first, but after talking to the trainees that visited my new home I am really excited about living and working in....*wait for it*...
...
                                                                       ...
                                                                                                                                                                                   ...
Inharrime, the captial of the Province of Inhambane along the South Eastern coast of Mozambique!!!!
I will be replacing a Moz 14'er who will be COS'ing (Close of Service-ing) in November, and since I will be arriving in mid-August we will be roommates for about three months. I'm excited about the possibility of having guidance during the very important and overly-stressed "integration period" (a volunteer's first three months at site). I have gotten word from some pretty reliable sources that the volunteer I will be living with is really cool and that my house and site are both really nice. I even heard that I am just minutes from a lagoon and only a short trip from some of the nices beaches in the whole country.

No comments:

Post a Comment